As you may already know, search engine optimization is a very important part of your online marketing strategy. It’s how users find you when searching for the products you offer. If you don’t update your SEO tactics as soon as changes take place or if you’re not using it correctly, your business will suffer especially when you’re targeting consumers in a foreign country.
Your website is the main link between you and your international customers. It gives them a way to learn about the products that you have to offer. It makes it possible to reach consumers that you wouldn’t be able to reach with any other method but it’s not going to be effective if your site is not showing up in searches. You need to use good SEO techniques or no one will be able to find you.
Five Website SEO Tips for International Marketing
When you begin marketing your products internationally, you’ll need to make changes in your SEO techniques to match your target audience. The techniques you’re using now will not be effective because of the cultural differences.
Below are five website SEO tips for international marketing that will help move you up in search rank so your targeted audience can find you:
- Use Relevant Keywords- The keywords and phrases you use will be different for each country, so simply translating the keywords you use now is not effective. You’ll need to do extensive research to determine what is most relevant to your new audience.
- Understand Consumer Buying Habits- When you understand the buying habits of these consumers, it will help you choose relevant keywords because you’ll know the common phrases they use when searching for products. This is where professional translation services can really make a difference.
- Build Quality Back Links- Quality back links from reliable sources will tell search engines that your site has valuable information and that will help move you up in rank where users can find you easier.
- Monitor Your Keywords- Monitoring your keywords will help you determine which ones are working and which ones need to be replaced. Tools like Google Analytics will help you monitor the effectiveness of your keywords and more.
- Use Keywords Properly- All keywords need to describe the product or associated content accurately in order to be effective. Use your main keywords in your titles, the beginning of the text, once in the content and in your descriptions.
Here at UniVerse Language Solutions, we offer website translations and our translators have extensive knowledge of the culture associated with the languages they specialize in.
Post Content Relevant to Your Targeted Audience
The content you post must be relevant to your targeted audience. It’s not enough to simply have the content you’re using locally translated because consumers in a foreign country are not going to be interested in the same information that your current visitors enjoy.
Some of the information will be the same such as content on how to use certain products correctly but they’ll also want to see content that is relevant to their particular area. By providing good, quality content specific to the area you’re targeting, you’ll attract more viewers, which will help move you up in rank.
Using good SEO techniques is a vital part of international marketing and these tips will help ensure your website is showing up in searches.